Artists Behind The Cover #6 - Anna and Elena Balbusso, Aleta Rafton, Amazing15

I haven't done this feature in a while, so if you are interested in other cover artists I've mentioned please look under FEATURES for more names and covers.

Anna and Elena Balbusso

Anna & Elena Balbusso, twins, live and work in Milan, Italy. Since around 15 years they have been working as a team freelance illustration in Italy, France, United Kingdom, USA, Canada, Republic of Korea. Their works have been published by major publishers and companies through out the world on various media types such as book jackets, magazines, newspapers, in house corporate, ads, children’s books and classic novels. Their artwork has been exhibited in numerous exhibitions and galleries in Italy and abroad.


I admit I know them mostly by their Tor covers, and they have this dreamy gorgeous, fairytale quality...


Aleta Rafton





Which cover art would you prefer to have on your shelves?

Comments

  1. I do love the Magic found cover :D It looks so fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Amazing 15's designs. I like the illustrations on the first 2 but the text design looks like an after thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aleta Rafton is great isn't she, Blodeuedd? If you look at her portfolio you'll see how many familiar to us book covers she created.

    Ellie, I'm absolutely in love with their Kim Newman's covers - they are pretty striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dead Harvest and The Wrong Goodbye. I'm a fan of dark cartoon art. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It helps that the books are gorgeous as well, Joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Grave Witch series covers, I can't wait to get my hands on book one of the series anyways :D The Demoness of Waking Dreams & Bedeviled are really awesome too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post..i like getting to know more about the covers we drool over Kara. I love the Grave Witch cover and ooh the Waking Dreams too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Kara!

    OMG!!!! These are STUNNING covers!! To be honest, there's one I don't like -- the cover for "Anno Dracula". I think part of the reason is that I don't like Dracula. Yes, I do love vampires, but they have to be of the Edward Cullen type! Lol.

    Anyway, the rest of the covers are AMAZING. I do have some favorites, though: "The Witch of Duva", "Grave Witch", "Bedeviled", "The Princess of Waking Dreams", "Captain Nemo", "Dead Harvest", and "The Wrong Goodbye".

    I'm willing to bet that the last two are collectors' items.

    Thanks for sharing these WONDERFUL covers, as well as the information about the artists behind them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Witch of Duva and Men Who Wish to Drown are so beautiful! :)
    And I also like Anno Dracula, Grave Witch, and Confessions of a Demon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. This is neat. I didn't know they did those covers. And some new ones there for me to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment